Control Air Conditioning Corporation HVAC Construction Project Manager I - major construction in Anaheim, California
Control Air Conditioning Corporation is looking to hire an organized, professional HVAC Project Manager I to join our major construction team at our Anaheim, CA headquarters. Qualified candidates must have major construction experience in HVAC Piping, Sheet Metal and Plumbing (experience with high rise buildings a plus).
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
· Overall project management, including: budgeting, cost engineering & forecasting, CPM scheduling, staff management, cost evaluation and estimating, understanding of mechanical systems and component operation, subcontractor management, communication, and leadership.
· Initialize project staff and organization.
· Project tracking and reporting including production updates.
· Set up budgets and project financials.
· CPM scheduling including management, analysis, and preparation.
· Procurement of major equipment items and components.
· Manage fabrication and deliverables.
· Perform project financials including progress reporting for status and cash flow.
· Leading mechanical conversations during project coordination meetings.
· Handle field issues and conflicts as they arise.
· Maintain team organization and performance requirements.
· Execute project processes and create as required.
· Manage subcontractors and Associated scope evaluation.
· Manage and mentor project engineers, field employees, and other office staff’s growth and performance through feedback and communication.
· Review, formalize, and approve documentation for the successful tracking of projects, including: submittals, schedules, schedule of values, billings, requests for information, requests for change orders, change orders, project start-up, close out, O&M’s, as-builts, and warranties.
· Manage all manpower requirements for your projects.
· Manage testing and inspection records, permits, and occupancy notifications.
· Utilize software and programs required in the performance of the position.
· Other duties as assigned.
Basis of Evaluation:
· Projects consistently meet or exceed expected profit objectives.
· Effective control of deliveries to coincide with schedules and progress billing.
· Ability to maintain costs and projection information in the job costing system.
· Completion of monthly progress reports including all current subcontract amounts, material purchases, and change orders.
· Completion of monthly billings and processing of subcontractor invoices.
· Timely review, approval, and submission of RFI's, requests for change orders, change orders, and progress billings for your projects.
· Proper documentation of all projects reflecting the flow of the project (required should we ever have cause to litigate).
· Ability to prepare and run meetings in a clear and concise manner following up on all committed action items.
· Maintain and grow Control Air’s customer satisfaction and reputation.
· Construction Management Degree (preferred)
· Mechanical Engineering (optional)
· 5 to 10 years of Major Construction Project Management (HVAC Mechanical Projects & Systems)
· Mechanical plumbing experience a plus
· BMS controls experience a plus
· Experience with high-rise buildings a plus
· Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Bluebeam Review
· Electronic File Management
· Timberline/Sage (optional)
· Primavera or other scheduling software a plus
· Computer Modeling and CAD experience a plus
· California Building Codes, SMACNA, MCAA, ASHRAE, LEED, other equivalent standards
· Must possess strong communication skills
· Maintain a professional image
· Must be able to commute to different jobsites within the SoCal area.
Benefits include the following:
· Competitive salary (doe).
· Medical and dental benefits.
· 401k retirement plan.
· Life Insurance.
· Long Term Disability Insurance.
· FSA & AFLAC extra insurance.
· Paid holidays.
· Paid vacation.
· Paid sick time.
Control Air is one of the largest commercial air conditioning firms in California. Our three major divisions (Major Construction, Tenant Improvement, and Service) handle a wide range of projects and services, including: office & high rise, medical, labs & clean rooms, industrial, sports facilities, retail, educational facilities, hotel, public works, retrofit, design-build, design-assist, and many others. In addition, we have our own manufacturing facilities that manufacture and distribute union-made products to the HVAC industry throughout the Western United States.
Please refer to our website at www.controlac.com for additional information.
Our corporate headquarters are in Southern California (Anaheim - just south of Los Angeles), conveniently located near several major freeways. We also have offices in San Diego and Hayward (Northern California). Our manufacturing facilities are located in Anaheim (Southern California) and Hayward (Northern California).
We look forward to hearing from you!