Hilton Senior Pastry Chef in Fu, Japan
A Sr. Pastry Chef is responsible for operating the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while planning production and developing seasonal offerings.
What will I be doing?
As a Sr. Pastry Chef, you are responsible for operating the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Chef to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Sr. Pastry Chef will also be required to plan production and develop seasonal offerings. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist running the pastry and baker section of the kitchen
- Ensure excellent quality throughout the dessert offerings
- Bring creativity to the pastry offerings
- Supervise and coordinate all pastry and dessert preparation and presentation
- Plan production to facilitate daily requirements
- Develop appropriate seasonal menu offerings
- Manage food cost controls to contribute to Food and Beverage revenue
- lead and manage all pastry and bakery team members
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety regulations
What are we looking for?
Sr. Pastry Chefs serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- A minimum of 10 years as a Pastry Chef de Partie or Pastry Chef Experience with high volume production
- Approaches pastry and bread in a creative way
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- A current, valid, and relevant trade qualification (proof may be required)
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Highly productive and efficient
- Dedicated to the delivery of exceptional service and continuous improvement
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant qualifications for role
- Ability to work a variety of shifts including weekends, days, afternoons and evenings
- Proficiency with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Japanese language skills
- Japanese citizen or holder of valid working Visa in Japan preferred
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Senior Pastry Chef
Requisition ID: HOT04CLI