The Estee Lauder Companies Executive Assistant in Markham, Ontario
Brand: Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments
Who We Are
Our Brands: The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products. The Company’s products are sold in over 150 countries and territories under brand names including: Estée Lauder, Aramis, Clinique, Prescriptives, Lab Series, Origins, Tommy Hilfiger, M
C, Kiton, La Mer, Bobbi Brown, Donna Karan New York, DKNY, Aveda, Jo Malone London, Bumble and bumble, Michael Kors, Darphin, Tom Ford, Smashbox, Ermenegildo Zegna, AERIN, Tory Burch, RODIN olio lusso, Le Labo, Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle, GLAMGLOW, By Kilian, BECCA, and Too Faced. For fiscal 2016, net sales were $11.26 billion and operating income was $1.61 billion. ( http://www.elcompanies.com/our-brands )
* Provide full administrative support as required to the VP & Director of Ops.
* Originate, prepare, and maintain various reports, correspondence, agendas, schedules, and presentations for operations managements.
* Liaise with all levels of management internally and globally.
* Coordinate meetings as required and organize conference calls.
* Coordinate travel arrangement, hotel reservations, car rentals, etc. for Ops management, arrange plant tours.
* Work closely with Operations Assistant to oversee that the accuracy of his/her respective responsibilities meet the company guidelines.
* Oversee and monitor office supplies, maintenance of office equipment.
* Responsible for all outgoing mail and organization and housekeeping of the mailroom, prepare and distribute all mail and purchase orders.
* Prepare various reports for Operations.
* Continually supervises and coaches the company store attendants to ensure guidelines, policies and procedures set by EL are being followed.
* Enter all new employees/guests and new products in/out of P.O.S. system, issue and approve company store passes for guests and department store employees as requested and maintain a numbering and filing system.
* Continually analyzes all product lines to ensure availability, the highest quality and price changes and upheld on an ongoing basis.
* Delete all defective inventories from POS system.
* Twice yearly, check and enter/delete new products/discontinued products in the POS system.
* Monitor inventory on a regular basis to eliminate financial loss.
* Price and enter in POS system all specialty items as they become available.
* Maintain a high quality of housekeeping, ensure safe working conditions.
* Meet biweekly to discuss suggestions, problems, and new procedures.
* Price all products according to EL guidelines on an ongoing basis.
* Responsible for all preparation of the factory sale – e.g. prepare paperwork, artwork, order tickers, rent premises, tables, cash registers, etc. Arrange the hiring of security guards, policemen, and temporary workers. In addition, coordinate all sales and team leader positions of EL employees. Organize the trucking and receipt of all products and set up the sale.
* Ensure smooth running and clean up of sale.
* Prepare spreadsheets from time sheets submitted by the team leaders for payment of the employees and temporary workers.
* Approve NCR and DAV reports as received.
* Design and coordinate displays for show cases in spring and fall.
* Handle all correspondence in reference to donations, prepare all gift basket donations.
* Prepare gift baskets on request.
* Supervise preparations and distribution of grab bags every quarter.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS
Education : College/University- Business Degree
Experience : 5 years previous experience
Competencies : Highly organized, minimal supervision necessary, excellent interpersonal skills and detail orientated. Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong leadership and interpersonal skills. Proficient computer skills (MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Visio, MS Outlook), Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion when dealing with both company staff at all levels and outside contacts.
Primary Location: Americas-CA-ON-Markham
Job Type: Standard
Shift: 1st (Day) Shift
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Number: 1712003