Hilton Room Block Optimization Coordinator/Receptionist in New Orleans, Louisiana
This position is responsible for executing revenue management principles and inventory strategy processes to optimize room block management principles in the Hotel’s continuing effort to deliver incremental revenue opportunities that improve the Hotels financial profitability.
The position will collaborate with the Sales, Events, and Revenue Management teams through the DOSM and DOEC to ensure revenues are optimized, while placing large emphasis on forecast accuracy principles and monitor procedures that are the core responsibility of each manager within the sales, events, and revenue management teams.
In addition, maintain the role of receptionist with responsibilities of greeting walk-in guests and forwarding telephone inquiries received through the general sales/events line.
What will I be doing?
Room Revenue Enhancement
- Conduct monthly “GroupMax” review meeting with DOM/DOE to review and set action items for the Events team
- Work in collaboration with Sales/Event Managers to proactively analyze definite group room blocks and set action plans in accordance with the detailed optimization plan finalized by the DOM/DOE/DORM
- Review reservation procedure and audit reservation process and marketing
- Report action items to Events, Marketing, Revenue Management on action items necessary to optimize pick up
- Report back to revenue management and events as to updated Rate Matrix data including history for them to make appropriate updates
- Manage citywide space commitments for affiliate bookings
- Improve management of tiering rate categories within group blocks
- Manage cutoff off dates by communicating dates through weekly audits and track strategies post cutoff
- Conduct weekly pick up audits along w/DOM to result in action items of the Events team
- Monitor historical trend/pick-up analysis as it relates to each definite group and the rate matrix to determine best strategy for maximization of revenues
- Analyze and set parameters along w/DOM & DORM for pricing structures for post cutoff and/or additional inventory added during varying demand periods
- Review and audit existing definite bookings with regards to their contracted room rate/terms to ensure the Hotel is aggressively pursuing high profit ROI
- Concentrate on forecast accuracy with regards to definite room blocks within the rolling 12 months
- Actively participate in the weekly 120 day meeting
- Provide information to assist in measuring the accuracy of forecast to monthly forecast and rolling forecast
- Ensure all definite bookings have the correct estimated room revenues in the system/rate matrix at turnover
- Audit the accuracy of turnover and adjusted Rate matrix’s
- Monitor group “Build-to” to notify events of required changes
- Review “Wash” percentages along with the RMS Committee
Customer facing authentication
Maintain an audit of the GroupMax process
Monitor web site data from a rate/tier, concession, as well as marketing(photo/description)
Determine potential of affiliates and special sub-blocks along with booking parameters
Ensure guest facing reservation process reflect the optimal impact to capitalize on group rooms pick up and rates
- Remain current on industry trends and their effect on room block pick up
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Marketing Services
Title: Room Block Optimization Coordinator/Receptionist
Requisition ID: HOT04CUM