Children of America Lead Preschool Teacher in Port Jefferson, New York
For more than 18 years Children of America has been the trusted daycare provider among families. We believe that every child is unique and deserves the very best in education. Our programming is play-based and nurtures a child's natural desire to learn. We innovate, we teach and we connect, making our learning environments exciting and purposeful. Want to do something that matters? Join the COA team today!
Preschool is the only school environment where play and creativity are more important than worksheets and homework. Preschool teachers use playtime and story-time to encourage social development and teach problem-solving skills. The supplies of a preschool teacher are quite different from those of other teachers. They use crayons and puzzles instead of markers and projectors. They host story time and monitor sandbox play but don't assign homework or act as detention monitors. You'll come home covered in glue and papier-mch, but without papers to grade. Regardless of how infantile your days may seem you will keep a smile on your face and an open mind! Children of America seeks enthusiastic Lead Preschool Teachers who want to make a difference and put their talents to use. Apply online today to learn more about how you can join the leader in educational childcare.
The COA Lead Teacher will incorporate lessons through song, and provide learning through play. As part of a team you will bring leadership, patience and plenty of hugs.
Our Lead Teachers Work Together to:
- Develop lesson plans.
- Provide patience with a listening ear
- Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff
- Excellent writing skills to deliver child's progress to parents and other teachers.
- Design an appropriate room arrangement to support the goals and developmental level of the children in the classroom.
- Creativity: Using new and innovative ways to engage children to learn.
- Instructional Skills: Being able to communicate concepts
- Empathetic to children's emotions and parent's needs.
- Participation in staff and training meetings.
- Presenting expectations that are appropriate to the child's age and developmental level.
- Planning and implementing activities that develop self-esteem and social skills.
- Building teamwork.
- Using assessment tools.
- Committed to continuing education.
- Must meet New York state requirements.
- Associate's degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or related field OR Child Development Associate credential or other Office- recognized credential specific to the preschool development.
- One-year experience related to caring for children OR 9 college credits in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field, with a plan of study leading to a: Child Development Associate credential; Or Associate's Degree in Early Childhood, Child Development or a related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Commitment to Professional Development.
- Have or willing to obtain SIDS/Shaken Baby, CPR, and First Aid certification.
*Salary dependent on experience and level of education.
*We offer a strong & competitive benefit package that includes the following: *
- Comprehensive healthcare including Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
Employee Childcare Discount Program
Life, Accident, & Disability Insurance Plan coverage
A 401(k) plan
Paid vacation, sick time and company Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Program and bonus compensation
- Exclusive discounts at Avis Rent a Car
- "Alpha Perks": discounts with retailers, entertainment, hotels, pet insurance, identity theft & prepaid legal services and savings on home and auto insurance.
* Children of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.*
Job Start/End Date: 11-Oct-2017 to 10-Dec-2017 (EST)
Department: Port Jefferson
Location: Port Jefferson, NY, USA
Employment Type: FT and PT
Pay Type: Hourly