Hilton Cook 4 (Line Cook) - HopCity Tavern - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
The Hilton Portland is in need of Full Time Cooks!
Come work at one of the top places in the Country for employee satisfaction!
- Starting salary of $14.71
- Stable work, and career growth opportunities
- Downtown location, near several Max Stations
- Amazing benefits and perks like massive discounts on hotel rooms
- Shift will vary and candidates will need open and flexible availability!
APPLY RIGHT NOW! It only takes a few minutes, and a Hilton recruiter will contact you shortly
What will I be doing?
A Cook 4 (Line Cook) is an entry level cooking position, and is responsible for setting up, cooking and producing food according to standardized recipes. Maintains a workstation throughout a shift in an assigned area of the Kitchen. To include Meats, Fish, Vegetables, Pasta’s, Salads, Pizza’s, Stocks and Potatoes, etc. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepares hot and cold food items in accordance with specifications and recipes or guest requests. Prepares breakfast food items to order utilizing standardized recipes to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items of the highest quality in the preparation of all assigned menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of products and utilizes portion control, eg., especially high cost meat and fish items. Keeps all refrigeration, storage, and working areas clean, to comply with health department regulations.
- Prepares and executes daily food specials together with the area Supervisor.
- Takes Breaks according to the assigned Break Schedules.
- Ensures all cooking equipment in working areas are clean and reports equipment not in proper working condition.
- Prepares requisition for supplies and food items for production in their assigned work station. Reads and employs math skills to appropriately prepare items according to recipes.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 6 months' cooking experience in a professional kitchen environment
- Open availability to work both AM and PM shifts with no schedule restrictions preferred
- Completion of Culinary school or Apprenticeship program preferred
- Ability to obtain any government required license or certificate, such as the Multomah County Health Card Permit
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Good working knowledge of the fundamentals of hot and cold cooking and pantry Items to include breakfast items and sandwiched.
- Good working knowledge of basic standards of sanitation and nutrition.
- Knowledge of operating most basic kitchen equipment, i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, slicers, steamers, kettles, etc.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
- Ability to read small print, write and understand the English language in order to complete requisitions, read recipes and communicate with other employees.
- Sufficient manual dexterity of hands in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons spatulas, tongs, slicers, etc.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move or push goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 200 lbs.
- Ability to stand and work continuously in confined spaces. Requires stamina for standing and strength for lifting and moving products.
- Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Cook 4 (Line Cook) - HopCity Tavern - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT04CVY