Wyndham Worldwide Assistant General Manager, Resort Operations-Wyndham Riverside in San Antonio, Texas
Assistant General Manager, Resort Operations-Wyndham Riverside
Assistant General Manager, Resort Operations
The Assistant General Manager, Resort Operations serves as a supporting role to the General Manager, Resort Operations. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the development and execution of resort operations while maintaining the integrity of Wyndham Vacation Ownership service standards. He/She will oversee the daily operation of all resort departments including, but not limited to: Guest Services, Housekeeping and Maintenance. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for various financial aspects of the resort and for ensuring all relationships with our guests, associates, sales, vendors and board members are maintained positively and professionally at all times.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the resort: Oversee various resort department managers. Demonstrate a passion and understanding of company goals, concepts, practices, and procedures for managed work group(s) and how they support related operations. Ensure the site meets quality, internal, and loss prevention standards by performing audits and inspections. Identify process improvements and best practices. Execute strategic goals, participate/facilitate committee and team projects. Maintain safety of resort for guests, owners and staff. (35% time)
2. Maintain positive customer and associate relationships: Embrace and exhibit the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with Wyndham standards, demonstrate an ability to motivate and communicate expectations with humility and respect. Exercise the ability to attract, coach, train, and retain talent by engaging and showing a genuine passion to develop others. Partner with Human Resources to minimize employee relations issues and exposure to litigation with particular emphasis on documentation, harassment and discrimination. (30% time)
3. Manage and support financial aspects of the resort: Understand and formulate annual operations budget by identifying areas of cost reductions, operational improvements and periodic analysis of expense data. Work with Corporate accounting team to prepare, review and analyze monthly financial reports and be able to describe impact of revenue, profit or expenses that could affect financial results. Understand monthly P&L reports. Work with regional accounting partners to ensure compliance, manage and forecast annual budgets for each department, review and respond to variances. Ensure the site meets all IA standards. (15% time)
4. Build and maintain strong working knowledge of HOA relationship: Exhibit working knowledge of standards and documents for HOA, understand governing statues and board meeting procedures. Collaborate with General Manager to ensure all contracts negotiated on behalf of the HOA are presented in correct legal fashion and vetted prior to implementation. (10% time)
5. Be a change agent for the company. Initiate and implement resort management strategic initiatives and programs developed to enhance guest satisfaction. Identify areas of process improvement and leverage best practices by working with appropriate corporate resources as necessary. (5%)
6. Performs other duties as needed. (5% time)
Must be able to travel infrequently for short durations (1-4 days) to attend Corporate/Regional Meetings and training seminars .
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
Associate Governance preferred
Community Associate Management Certification preferred.
Hospitality certifications preferred
Certified Pool Operator preferred
Knowledge and skills
Have proven strong leadership ability; demonstrate understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
Possess innate analytical ability to grasp numbers and understand their impact (e.g. demonstrated ability to work under pressure, or possesses good written and oral communication skills).
Demonstrate the highest level of customer service to current and prospective owners in order to maintain a positive brand image and company reputation.
Ability to ensure administrative functions and duties are assigned and completed according to WVO standards, including timekeeping, vendor/board contracts, revenue documents and personnel action forms.
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Commands a presence of respect and humility; demonstrating the ability to motivate and readily communicate expectations and follow up.
Working knowledge of the composition of Association documents, some understanding of governing statutes and board meeting procedures.
Proven success managing budgets.
Demonstrated knowledge & application of applicable codes, laws & regulations.
Working Knowledge of Housekeeping, Front Desk, Maintenance, F&B departments.
Understanding of Labor Relations (where appropriate).
Professional appearance and excellent communication skills in dealing with associates, guests, board members and vendors.
Ability to keep sensitive information confidential. Technical Skills
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint Job experience
Three to five years of property Vacation ownership/hotel management experience required, with mixed discipline.
Job: Hotel/Resort Operations
Primary Location: United States of America-Texas-San Antonio
Employee Status: Regular
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: Aug 8, 2017, 1:27:18 PM
Requisition ID: 1712349