Marriott eCommerce and Digital Manager in United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Marriott International is the world s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
The eCommerce & Digital Manager will execute Marriott s Corporate eCommerce strategy at the hotel level, and ensure that individual hotels are aligning with Corporate eCommerce strategies and e-activating their electronic channels (Marriott.com, multi-lingual global sites, eChannels, search engines, and other eMarketing vehicles) to maximize online revenue and profitability. This role will also provide local market insights and recommendations via the region Director of Global eCommerce & Digital
BUSINESS CONTEXT / CANDIDATE PROFILE
eCommerce/Digital is the fastest-growing line of business at Marriott. Revenue through online channels (M.com, OTAs, GDSs) has grown significantly accounting for over 40% of Marriott s worldwide. Meanwhile, online revenue growth in international markets is expected to grow with company s focus on International expansion. Hotels have an opportunity and obligation to grow their visibility online and fully activate all the approved online tools available to them in order to increase revenue and room nights at lower cost. The ultimate success of Marriott s digital strategy is now critically dependent upon knowledgeable, well-trained, and fully-aligned ecommerce associates in the field, working in close collaboration with Corporate and the Regions, to execute them. Many of these programs require substantial hotel support, education, action, and pull-through to be successful. This is the role of the hotel/cluster eCommerce manager. Specifically, this position will work with hotels to ensure they are fully activated online.
- 3 years of Internet experience
- Account management skills with digital and travel agencies (e.g. OTAs)
- Ideal candidate will have hotel property experience, online platform managements (e.g. Hotel websites), acquisition tactical execution (i.e. thru natural, paid media efforts) hotel field marketing experience, or equivalent.
- Advance level of understanding of online marketing
Skills and Knowledge
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated track record of follow-through and delivery
- Overall knowledge of agreement terms with Marriott s electronic partners
- Strong account management skills
- Experience working effectively in a multi-national setting
- Able to work independently and prioritize objectively
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Willingness to travel
- Knowledge of operations and back end processes
- Knowledge of all Marriott brands and differentiating factors
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks and projects
- Demonstrates self confidence, energy and enthusiasm
- Exceptional teamwork
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Motivated self-starter
- Good people skills
- Ability to track promotions and provide reports
- Cognos, Photo Shop, HTML, Microsoft Office software applications desired
Education or Certification
- College degree in hospitality management, marketing, technology, or business preferred OR equivalent market/job experience
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive financial result by measuring and room night growth
- Sales and Marketing: Focuses on growing hotel top line online revenue by executing against the eCommerce strategy. Implements on-line e-activation programs in all segments to maximize revenue. Achieves individual goals and contributes to team goals. Supports Marriott s focus on bias on booking direct strategic direction.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position. These are based on regional role and responsibilities of eCommerce discipline (based on RACI Matrix), completion of eCommerce Evaluation Tool (EET) and 220 tasks of the eCommerce Action Plan (EAP).
- Serve as the hotel or cluster-level eCommerce lead, and execute Marriott s enterprise eCommerce strategy across hotels within a cluster:
- Report directly (solid line) to the region s Director, Global eCommerce & Digital
- Advise hotels on appropriate on-strategy eCommerce priorities and tactics
Work with the ADSM/CDSM and the region Director of Global eCommerce and Digital to:
Set reasonable ecommerce goals for the cluster/hotel, review progress periodically, and troubleshoot performance issues
- Identify hotel-specific online needs
- Suggest budgets for the cluster/hotels for eCommerce activities
- Ensure that all hotels within a cluster are fully activated on Marriott.com and its in-language global sites by
- Implementing and managing the Hotel Web Sites on Marriott.com and its global sites
- Maintain and update all Marriott.com Hotel Web Site content including marketing messaging, imagery, captions, links, PDFs, hotel alerts, etc.
- Conduct regular audits of Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites to ensure each hotel is optimized for high quality custom images, content, links, and accurate translations, and work with hotels on corrective action
- Serve as the EPIC/Vignette administrator for the hotel(s)
- Guide hotels in developing hotel website modules for Spa, Golf, F&B and weddings, where applicable
- Manage the pull-through and activation of key corporate eCommerce projects (e.g., new Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites, new field SEO service, and similar corporate e services)
Marketing the Marriott.com Hotel Web Sites
Assure that hotel websites on Marriott.com and global sites are fully optimized to maximize traffic from search engines. Work with Corporate Global eCommerce Services (GES) to coordinate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics and manage the pay-per-click keyword strategy.
- Work with hotel/cluster and regional Marketing leaders to execute online marketing activities, such as loading Marriott.com Hotel Web Site deals, Group Deals, email marketing and affiliate marketing. Responsible for LP creation, approval of offer copy and images.
- Responsible for offer pull-through on OTA (when needed). Work with partners for campaign optimization
- Responsible in launching digital marketing campaigns (Display, Paid search, email, Social etc.) by working with Marriott approved agencies/vendors
- Coordinate execution of online marketing efforts through approved agencies/vendors.
- Responsible for compiling non-rate code results from the OTAs (impressions, visits).
Provide tracking, analysis, and reporting on the effectiveness of all e-programs: promotions, PPC, SEO, e-mail, listings, links, banners, etc.
- Provide reports such as ECM1, Evaluation Tool, Dashboard, DoubleClick, OTA campaign performance (rate code-campaigns) etc. and take corrective action, as appropriate.
- Critique the reports and provide recommendations to the stakeholders
- Where appropriate, make a business case to regional Directors of eCommerce to justify new features or functionality on M.com and its global sites that would be critical to serve local market(s).
- Ensure that all web sites, content, collateral, tactics, etc., for all hotels within a cluster comply with Marriott s Internet Brand Standards and Policies. Monitor for off-strategy web tactics and programs, and take appropriate action either directly or in collaboration with area, region, and/or corporate leadership.
- Verify that all hotels within a cluster are fully activating and optimizing their presence onapprovedInternet eChannels
- Ensure that all hotels are participating in approved echannels.
- Regularly audit content, images, and star ratings on echannels, and work with hotels to make appropriate corrections
- Work with cluster and regional marketing teams to define and execute the hotel echannel merchandising plan(s)
- Explore with eChannel partners merchandizing opportunities on their site. Inform hotels of these opportunity
- Execute hotel/cluster eChannel marketing tactics
- Collaborate with hotel Revenue Leaders and audit hotel performance on eChannels
- Identify new local and niche sites in the region
- Execute tactical actions as defined by the regional digital/distribution team
- NOTE: This position is not responsible for developing new eChannel partners for the cluster/market. This is the responsibility of the region-level Distribution team.4. Employ eMarketing strategies and tactics to drive revenue for hotels, including:
- Use search engine optimization, paid search, email marketing, and other online marketing tactics to increase penetration with target customers
- Collaborate closely with the hotel/ Cluster Marketing teams to execute/pull through online Brand Marketing strategies and plans for the hotel/ cluster.
Use B2B e-tools to grow online bookings for Group and Corporate business in cluster hotels
eCommerce Communication, Training, and Education:
- Use the eCommerce Resource guide, training energizers and MGS for training and field support
- Train and educate cluster and/or hotel-level managers on how to e-activate their hotels
- With the help of Corporate GES team, deliver eCommerce training, presentations, and workshops to region, cluster and hotel-level associates and management.
- Serve as cluster-level point-person for Marriott s eCommerce Strategy. Cultivate relationships and communicate with DOSMs, CDSMs, GMs, etc., to raise their awareness, understanding, and motivation to e-activate their hotels.
- Participate in regularly-scheduled regional eCommerce Conference Calls/web calls to review performance, share best practices, and troubleshoot issues. Follow-up on open items.
- Utilize eCommerce Communicator as a vehicle to communicate to the stakeholders regularly
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job: Sales and Marketing
Location: ARE-United Arab Emirates
Requisition ID: 17001KH7