SMG Catering Manager in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
POSITION: CATERING Manager
DEPARTMENT: Food & Beverage
REPORTS TO: Director of Food & Beverage
FLSA STATUS: Salaried - Exempt
Summary: The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for generating business, planning for food and beverage needs, and coordination of event details. Events may include private and public functions, corporate meetings and parties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participate, develop and achieve departmental sales goals in compliance with SMG and Savor...Raising Canes river Center policies and procedures. These goals encompass both annual and long-range plans.
- Develop and execute action plans that will guide both routine and special events toward established sales goals.
- Provide excellent personal service to our internal and external guests in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Develop proposals and food & beverage contracts for potential clients and follow through on pending bookings while up selling catering services when able.
- Maintain open lines of communications regarding event information with event services, F&B and operations department relating to types of service, food preparation details or other items.
- Maintain costing & pricing sheets for all catering supplies and any additional food & beverage services as well and update quarterly. Maintain proper inventory of all bars during catering events.
- Generate revenue and provide excellent personal service to our internal and external guests.
- Monitor bookings and changes in catering software and coordinates set-up of food & beverage requirements with events, operations and catering division
- Assist clients with menu selection with the aid of the Executive Chef to ensure the menu is within budget and will achieve the goals of our clients and the standards of Savor...Raising Canes River Center.
- Produce contracts and Banquet Event Order for each event, acquires client signatures on all BEO's, deposits and Food & Beverage Policies by their due dates.
- Prepare and distribute banquet event orders to all departments as required, review costing for all food & beverage events.
- Process all banquet event orders, monitor changes, client requests and special needs.
- Hire and train all catering staff to achieve SMG Savor Baton Rouge & Raising Cane's River Center standards for catering services and for HR policies & procedures
- Monitor and manage all catering staff to assure that all are following SMG Savor Baton Rouge & Raising Canes River Center HR policies & procedures
- Ensure a successful client event by routine and thorough checking of food standards, room set up and on-time service with the result of client satisfaction. Resolve any client concerns.
- Prepare and distribute final food and beverage invoice to accounting within 24 hours of event conclusion.
- Entertain prospective clients of the Raising Canes River Center when necessary as approved by the Director of Food and Beverage.
- Report on a daily basis to the F&B Director information on potential sales leads and existing client relations.
- Notify the F&B Director of any situations that require direct intervention.
- Prepare required reports accurately and submits them on time.
- Update and maintain file information for repeat events with total Food & Beverage revenues and client relations.
- Attend in-house event-related meetings and relay immediate changes with other departments.
- Monitor all catering events from start to finish.
- Maintain an active role in local hospitality community and professional organizations.
This position is issued a company paid cell phone, which requires you to answer and reply to all phone calls, text messages, and emails in a timely manner (within 24 hours). It is also required that subordinates are given your number and are able to reach you utilizing this cell phone.
The essential duties of this position are described above. They may be subject to change at any time due to needs of the Raising Canes River Center. This job description in no way states that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
- Minimum of a four-year college degree preferably in Hospitality Management, or Business Administration and two - four years of hospitality management experience in a catering environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have at least two years of supervisory experience in a food & beverage setting
- Must pass background, credit and reference checks
- Two years of catering experience in hotel or convention center preferred.
- Results-oriented individual with the ability to meet required sales goals.
- Excellent customer service, communication, planning, organizational and inter-personal skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Oral and written communication skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office & Excel.
- Obtain Serve-Safe and both state and local Certification within 30 days of hire date.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled