Expedia Lodging Content Associate – Arabic/English Speaking in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
*Who we are:*
As the frontline support organization to Expedia’s lodging supply partners, our Market Operations (MO) provides a key role in supplier satisfaction and has a close working partnership with Expedia account managers/market managers. We take that pretty seriously; the MO organization has around 1800 and growing employees based around the world and is in approximately 30 countries.
We’re about improving the experience of our (lodging supply) partners. Being in the travel industry, that’s our bread and butter.
We’re responsible for coordinating across all lodging supply partners for travel purchased through multiple Expedia brands across the world, including the websites of Expedia, Inc. and its affiliates. Key MO functions include contract loading, settlement/reconciliation, content management (written, media, ratings), technical support, pre-travel support (e.g., schedule changes, relocations), training and corporate wide localization. MO also collaborates extensively with partners in Expedia’s various retail brands as many MO are critical to Expedia’s success. We believe a good experience is key to happiness; join us to make that experience even better.
This fast-paced role offers a great opportunity for goal and process-driven people with a fine eye for detail to support key operational tasks including, but not limited to; assisting new and existing partners with content loading (adding property amenities, photos, star ratings and hotel data such as name and location), room type and rate plan creation, promotion loading, extranet training/password resets etc., partner service issue management, payment and accounting issues
Successful candidates will complete work to program standards, while working and communicating with hoteliers and colleagues from market management, content, media, star ratings, data management, and localization teams. Successful candidates will possess solid customer-service skills and be able to interact clearly and professionally with partners by email and telephone. Fluency in Arabic and English is required. Additional languages will be considered as a strong plus. Please apply only if you feel you will fit in with a strong team whose members are exceptionally conscientious, hardworking, and thorough.
- Provide operational support inclusive of revenue generating work-types and complex supplier relations issues to hotel partners and Market Management team. Educate and inform suppliers on self-service functions.
- Work efficiently towards daily targets and team metrics; complete all work to program standards as defined for each process; focus on continuous improvement
- Successfully gather and analyze information in partner support case management
- Understand lodging/property types in the travel industry and the differing services and amenities featured
- Make effective decisions within his/her authority supporting Expedia suppliers, escalate as necessary. Investigates and takes action to meet Expedia’s needs.
- Be highly effective in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A problem-solver who can make independent decisions, be able to actively listen, and communicate clearly and concisely
- Flexibility and willingness to assist where and when needed as directed by Manager.
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked, fast paced environment.
- Highly organized and detail oriented with a very strong focus on process, trends, and root cause analysis
*Work Experience and Education Guidelines:*
- Fluent proficiency & comprehension in specified support language and English is required
- Degree required or related work experience
- Travel industry background with customer service support experience (preferred), but could be a university graduate with the appropriate competencies
- Professional customer service skills: solutions mindset, helping nature, passion for the customer and the customer experience
- Fluency with Internet and online search; ability to learn new software, tools, and technical processes quickly
- Open communication with colleagues to share best practices and flexibility to adhere to process improvements
- Ability to work and learn independently, as well as collaborate with larger teams
- Proven ability to resolve a high volume of work in a deadline-driven environment or work queue
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and quality-control abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook required
- Experience working with SharePoint, Salesforce tools a plus
Problem Solving/Judgment - Recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, communicates decisions to others.
Organizational Effectiveness - Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization.
Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 3 Days Ago
- Full time