Marriott Duty Manager in Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Posting Date Mar 13, 2018
Job Number 18000PQZ
Job Category Rooms and Guest Services Operations
Location Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa, Edinburgh, Edinburgh, Scotland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Sheraton Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Non-Management/Hourly
Start Your Journey With Us
At Sheraton, we go above and beyond in everything we do. We are inspired by our guests and one another – and are driven to make things better. We love what we do, and we give it all we’ve got – on property and off. When guests stay with us, it’s not just a room with a bed that they’re buying. It’s an experience. We’re looking for someone who is ready to go beyond in everything they do. If you are someone with a genuine drive to improve your life and the lives of those around you, we encourage you to explore careers with Sheraton.
We are currently recruiting for a Duty Manager to join our award winning Front Office team at the Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa.
Sheraton Grand Hotel & Spa is one of Scotland's leading 5 star hotels. As the largest 5 star hotel, we also have the biggest banqueting and meeting facilities of any hotel in Edinburgh with a capacity of up to 500 and our One Square Restaurant and bar.
· Ensure that we create memorable experiences for our guests
· Supervise the daytime Front Desk and GSC Agents and assign specific task to manage the overall cleanliness and organization of the Front Desk.
· Being the first point of contact for any questions concerns of the staff around the daily operation.
· Handle guest complaints/requests and follow up with guests who have had issues and administer the GEI portal.
· Liaise with other key departments such as Housekeeping, Resort Sales, Events and Concierge
· Build strong relationships with all guests and internal customers
· Manage large group arrivals
· Allocation and welcome of all VIP guests
· Be aware of daily functions, events, VIP and group arrivals
· Ensure prompt, efficient and courteous reception of guests
· Record and administer arrivals and departures
· Assist in training new staff members, coach them and monitor their performance
· Ensure the desk is covered at all times, allocating meal breaks sensibly
· Full awareness of current daily status of Hotel
· Ensure smooth hand over to next shift
· Communication and recording of complaints
· Thoroughly conversant with all room types, décor and outlook
· Prepare documentation for daily business
· Take over project and assist the FOM with project management and carry out any other duties as required
· Cover Night Manager position in their absence when required
We are looking for someone who is energetic and self-motivated and who is ready to take the next step on your career path. Ideally you will have at least 2 years experience within the Front Office department within a 5 star environment, with supervisory experience preferred.
Our expectations of you will be that you are able to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team and have a strong desire to improve on your skills and knowledge as well as:
· High school diploma required, additional hospitality training preferred.
· Extensive Knowledge of Internet/MS Office applications and related IT preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of the Opera PMS
· Starwood experience is a distinct advantage
· Lead and support the team
· To project a pleasant and positive professional image to all contacts at all times
· Great Customer Service Skills - Must enjoy guest interaction and be able to anticipate guest needs and maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times.
· Must be able to maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests.
· Must be a Team Player – Demonstrate experience of building positive working relationships and promoting team spirit.
· Excellent command of English language (verbal and written)
You will join a fun loving and passionate team who excel in delivering world class standards and live and breathe the brand culture.
In return we offer you a competitive salary along with several incentives as well as unlimited career opportunities, industry leading benefits (including: Uniform, complimentary laundry, free meals on duty, dental and optical plans, discounted hotels and F & B), and an environment where your development is our priority. We offer a monthly training calendar full of developmental courses designed to aid career progression.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Anticipate and address guests' service needs. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.