Performance Food Group Shuttle Driver in Grand Rapids, Michigan
Performance Foodservice - Fox River is looking to add a shuttle driver to their location in Grand Rapids, MI.
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering empty trailers to Performance Foodservice - Fox River's warehouse location and to pick up and deliver full trailers various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) to domicile locations, in a timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations, observing all safety regulations, ensuring all quality standards are met and safe, courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
• Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Perform count check load of items and check invoices of products that have been loaded. (where required)
• Check and complete in an accurate and in legible fashion all the required paper work associated with freight.
• Move tractor to the loading dock and attach preloaded trailer as needed.
• Drive to a warehouse location according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
• Deliver empty trailers to warehouse location and to pick up and deliver full trailers various products to domicile locations.
• Complete daily record of hours of service and enter in log in accordance with Federal DOT, state and company requirements
• Go to driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork.
• At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Grand Rapids, Michigan (MI)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the \"Company\") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy ; (2) the \"EEO is the Law\" poster and supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
High School Diploma or Equivalent
One year w/Class-A CDL and one year of driving experience
Must have Doubles endorsement and 1 year of doubles experience
Ability to pass DOT drug test, physical, and other pre-employment requirements
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.