Boyd Gaming REGIONAL OPERATIONS ANALYSIS MANAGER in Las Vegas, Nevada
Responsible for providing financial planning & analysis support for Senior Vice President, General Manager, and Director of Finance on a regional basis. Primary responsibilities include forecasting, developing annual operating and capital budget, and providing operational and financial analysis to support the properties / region. Provides support to Regional SVP and develops presentations for Management Committee and Board of Directors meetings. The Manager partners with senior corporate and operations leadership with data- driven insights and makes recommendations to improve operational performance. The Manager has knowledge of current internal and external trends and can manage large and disparate data to gain insights to eliminate waste and increase operating performance.
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Acts as key support and influencer for the continued iteration and improvement of the Company’s playbook of reports.
- Investigates and understands diverse areas of the business and operations (e.g. gaming, hotel operations, food and beverage, marketing, etc.), to support executive leadership initiatives and communicate findings effectively.
- Interprets data and trends to advise senior and operations management on both short-term immediate needs as well as longer term strategic goals.
- Understands correlation of external industry, social, and economic trends that impact operating performance.
- Provides insight and perspective on operating plan variances and root-cause analysis through specialized ad-hoc activities and requests related to specific category expertise.
- Regularly synthesizes large amounts of both internal and external data into actionable recommendations for implementation.
- Ensures effective use of financial predictive modeling processes/business intelligence tools, statistical analytics, graphs, key performance indicators, industry benchmarks, and report writing to support strategic and tactical decision making.
- Works effectively with counterparts to share ideas and leverage best practices on a companywide basis.
- Collaborates with both internal teams and stakeholders from multiple properties and in relevant category operational disciplines.
- Responsible for ad hoc information requests and analysis and acts as informational support to the Regional SVP.
- Reviews work of analyst for quality and accuracy.
- Mentors and coaches analyst in FP&A.;
- Provides short-term/quick turnaround and accurate support for analysis requests
- Performs all functions with the highest level of integrity on a timely basis and in a professional manner.
- Performs other job related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's Degree from Accredited University in Accounting, Business Management, Finance or quantitative degree in Information Data, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics. Advanced degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable in business intelligence and report writing tools such as Cognos, DeFacto, MicroStrategy, Tableau, and SQL, as examples.
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of data.
- Knowledge and experience with financial and related systems such as Lawson, Infinium, Kronos, Micros, and LMS, as examples.
- Five years of current and relevant and progressive experience in financial and operational analytics, preferably in gaming and hospitality.
- Ability to effectively work and communicate with all levels of management including senior executives and operating property leadership.
- Must possess in-depth analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills as well as the ability to master new concepts and industry trends quickly.
- Self-motivated, completes work timely and can perform job duties with minimal supervisory guidance.
- Above average competency and skill in using Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to effectively communicate findings in English, in both written and oral form.
- Some travel may be required.
- Ability to successfully acquire any licensing approvals that may be needed.
Department: Shared Services - Financial Planning & Analysis
Category: Management / Administration
Position Code: BGEMROA00
Status: Full Time