Expedia Director, Global Learning Platform & Programs in London, United Kingdom
Expedia is searching for a full-time Director, Global Learning Platform & Programs who has a real passion for training. This is a dynamic opportunity to demonstrate your strong strategic planning and creative skills, to play a key leadership role in ensuring Expedia’s 5,000 hotel-facing employees receive the right training, through the right means, at the right time.
With a growing audience and an increasingly complex business, we can’t just rely on face to face training in the way we have. In this role, you’ll partner with stakeholders across the Learning team and the wider business to establish and prioritise needs. You’ll then turn this into a strategy and be responsible for the planning, governance, creation and distribution of our content. In practice, that means leading four specialist teams: Governance, Planning & Analytics, Digital Content and Platforms & Technology. A key member of Learning Leadership Team, you will play an essential role in defining our overall training offering and how it’s delivered.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a strong background of building elite training products, who understands the employee audience and has experience weaving training into the wider employee communications and knowledge management mix. Especially strong applicants will also have experience of B2B training, as this role also supports the training curriculum for Expedia’s hotel partners.
The Learning team works in a highly matrixed environment, and the Learning Programs team in particular provides support to several other organisations, for example, sharing a platform with the Employee Communications team. The ability to put the business’ best interests first, and in particular keep in mind that training exists in an ecosystem alongside a wide range of other content, will be critical to your success.
- Lead planning and governance, ensuring processes are in place to prioritise and resource the most important projects
- Working with colleagues across the team, lead the centralized planning of all face to face training
- Build strategies for delivering real-time reporting on training activities
- Build a framework that ensures all training projects are properly resourced and tracked, and that risks and issues are highlighted
- Handle a range of senior partners across the business
- Define a vision and a strategy to build and deliver a bold and scalable digital curriculum
- Lead our Platforms & Technology team, which maintains a B2E training and communications tool, and a B2C partner training and education platform, and ensure the team has the right relationships in place with internal partners and external suppliers
- Act as a key partner and decision maker between the Learning team and the other matrixed organisations we collaborate with to deliver a great employee experience
- Manage strategic external partner relationships, contracts and engagement terms
- Manage the team budget
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 5+ years’ leadership experience in a B2E and/or B2B content environment, with a focus on and passion for learning; demonstrable approach to strong User Experience (UX) best practices
- 5+ years’ experience leading LMS and CMS projects, including sourcing, implementation, integration, maintenance and deprecation/cutover; we operate in a “Test & Learn” and agile environment
- 5+ years’ experience leading decision-making, governance and project management in a learning/creative environment
- 5+ years’ experience leading digital content creation, with a focus on learning
- Experience leading and running an operational/planning team is helpful
- Experience of defining and delivering ambitious strategy in a complex, global organisation
- Proven experience in collecting and using data to make decisions
- Travel or technology/eCommerce/digital media industry experience, highly valued
Knowledge & Behavior:
- Strong communication and customer management skills
- Shows judgment when analyzing situation and making decisions
- Customer focused
- Quality and process driven in assignment delivery
- Excellent time and work load management skills; ability to prioritize
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- At ease in a global environment
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
- Posted 4 Days Ago
- Full time