SMG Housekeeping Operations Manager in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Housekeeping Operations Manager for SMG PA Convention Center. The Housekeeping Operations Manager shall be responsible for directing Housekeeping staff, overseeing the pre-show, show and post show cleaning of the venue as well as direct day to day and special project cleaning. In addition, the Housekeeping Operations Manager will assist in overseeing building set up and conversions. The Housekeeping Operations Manager will work closely with various departments within the Center as well as Show Producers to ensure quality of services rendered to PCC clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, supervise and schedule all aspects of the housekeeping staff.
- Assists with management of contracted cleaning for shows and events.
- Direct oversight of all housekeeping.
- Plans, organizes and directs work of staff.
- Insures building is properly maintained, cleaned and all systems within the facility are complete and operating correctly, according performance specifications.
- Assist with oversight of cleaning of room set up and conversions.
- Orders operational, housekeeping and event related supplies and maintains expenses within budget guidelines.
- Reviews and makes recommendations on modifications to policies and procedures for operations and event staff.
- Oversees the training and scheduling of full and part-time operational staff.
- Attend internal and external planning meetings.
- Assist the Director of Operations in development of the operating budget.
- Assist the Director of Operations with formulation of capital spending plan.
- Ability to operate floor scrubbing machines, forklift and other industrial equipment related to building management preferred.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of building maintenance and control functions is preferred.
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory capacity with major convention or hotel facility or equivalent position.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work under limited supervision, demonstrate supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all department levels and staff.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
Computer knowledge includes Word, Excel, Microsoft Outlook and EBMS.
Operating knowledge forklifts, floor scrubbers and sweepers.
- Ability to work irregular hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. PCC is a 24-hour operation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
Note The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 1-800-428-9000
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled