Hilton Catering Admin, Full-time in Santa Barbara, California
Solicits, secures arrangements, coordinates, and conducts follow-up for small local and group catered events as well as dry meetings and convention affiliates.
What will I be doing?
As a Catering Coordinator, you are responsible for you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Generate contracts and BEOs in support of Senior Catering Managers
- Generate food and beverage revenue for groups and meetings of 50 or less guests with 10 or less guest room nights by responding to customer inquiries promptly
- Handles negotiations with meeting planners and generate Banquet Event Orders based on agreed contractual terms. Prepare and process all required paperwork to include BEOs for groups with room blocks of 10 or less, and all other related correspondences with clients
- Support daily distribution of BEO's, reader boards and change logs
- Maintain excellent working relationship from initial lead call through follow-up solicitation and maintain contact with all support departments, including banquets and functions room departments, until event conclusion
- Conduct property tours to promote facilities and services
- Work with Administrative Assistants in maintaining file room and proper stocking of Catering Marketing Collateral
- Represent the catering department as needed
What are we looking for?
A Catering Coordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Positive attitude and good communication skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Strong leadership skills, whereas it is evident that you can effectively manage and motivate a team to perform beyond expectations
- Strong analytical skills so to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Experience in a similar role with a proven track record
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of local market
- Knowledge of hospitality
- Passion for sales and for achieving targets and objectives
- Degree-level qualification in a relevant field would be advantageous
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Banquets and Catering
Title: Catering Admin, Full-time
Requisition ID: HOT05059